Apply Now, Click Here
Attend Prime's "On-the-Job" Truck Driver Training Program.
A PRIME Opportunity to Become a Professional Commercial Truck Driver!
- Obtain a permit in your state. Click HERE for Permit Study Guides.
- Drive on the road 3-4 weeks with a CDL instructor.
- Return, pass Skills Test - Obtain Class A CDL.
- Team with a trainer for 4-6 months with guaranteed pay.
- Maximum note - $3500 - No Interest!
- Entire note forgivin after one year of association
To enter the program, you must have:
- A valid US driver's license for at least the past year. Your driver's license must be from the state that you declare to be your point of permanent domicile. To join the student program must have valid driver's license and meet the Homeland Security / Transportation Administration requirements.
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Proof of U.S. residency or Green Card.
- A stable work history and good references.
- Previous employers and references will be checked and must be verifiable.
- No reckless convictions in the last three years.
- No failed or refused drug or alcohol test in the last four years (this includes DWI's, DUI's and BAC's).
- No license suspension for points in the last three years.
- No more than two moving violations during the last year.
- No more than four moving violations in the last three years.
Need a truck driving job? Prime Inc. is one of the fastest growing Refrigerated, Flatbed, and Tanker carriers in the business! Come grow with Prime! CDL Training is available, Prime wants you!
Once your application is approved you will then be scheduled with Prime quickly as possible to start the program.
After completing your initial time at program in Springfield, MO, you will spend 4 to 6 months with a quality selected driver instructor in our refrigerated division. During this time, your trainer will work with you to perfect your driving skills and teach you the skills required to obtain your commercial drivers license (CDL). At the same time you should learn the basics on how to become a successful driver.
Prime is willing to loan all students $200 per week for them to use for food and incidentals during their CDL instruction phase (that will be repaid through deductions from future weekly pay checks at $25 increments once they obtain their CDL and are hired by Prime Inc.). This time prior to obtaining the CDL is UNPAID instruction time.
After you have aquired your CDL and are hired you will earn $600 per week or 12 cents per mile through the remainder of the training.
During your training period, you can expect to be out four to six weeks at a time. Once you become a solo company driver expect to be out 2 to 3 weeks at a time (depending upon where you live), with a day off for every week you are out. Once eligible to become a lease operator, you will then be able to set your own schedule for getting back home. The $600 or 12 CPM is then paid to the student through the remainder of the training process, which is approximately three months minimum up to 6 months in length.
Due to the high cost of recruiting and training entry level driver associates, you commit to Prime that you will work for them for at least one year from the date which you are first dispatched in order for your full note to be dismissed.
The average Prime independent contractor will spend four to six weeks on the road at a time. Indepentent Contractors largely determine their own home time policy and the longer they stay out on the road, generally the more money they are able to make.
Additional Driver Incentives
Prime also features an attractive fuel bonus program, a safety bonus plan, on-time delivery bonus, a mileage incentive bonus and other bonus and award programs.
The Prime terminal is modern and hosts a full basketball court, weight room, movie theatre, and spa.
Prime offers major medical and life insurance coverage. The eligibility period begins 90 days from date of hire. Individual and family coverage is available with medical claims inside the PPO being paid at 80/20, and outside the PPO at 60/40. Life insurance, valued at $15,000, is also available. Prime does not have a vacation plan because as a lease operator you are the boss!
Call Prime now and build a career as a company driver or independent lease operator. We have a truck driving job waiting for you.